Dr. Monroe Benaim, our ophthalmologist, and his team are committed to providing patients with the highest level of eye care. They strive to make patients feel welcome from the moment they walk in, creating a friendly atmosphere with minimal wait time and top-notch customer service.
One of the things Dr. Monroe Benaim often tells his team is to “put on the Ritz,” which means he wants every patient that walks in to feel cared for and important.
Experience You Can Trust
Dr. Benaim, of Jupiter, FL, has more than 25 years of experience serving Palm Beach County’s eye care needs. He has performed more than 20,000 cataract surgeries and more than 4,000 upper lid surgeries (blepharoplasty). When you choose him and his team for eye care, you can rest-assured you’re in good hands.
After graduating from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Dr. Monroe Benaim studied at the University of Miami School of Medicine and went on to become a diplomat of the National Board of Medicine. He completed his eye surgery training at the renowned University of Texas – Southwestern/Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.
A pioneer in the field of ophthalmology, Dr. Benaim was an investigator in the original FDA studies for the approval of the excimer laser for Lasik eye surgery.
He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and the American Board of Eye Surgery, through which he was one of the first surgeons in the country to be certified.
To stay on the cutting edge, Dr. Monroe Benaim has always prioritized industry involvement.
He is either a current or former member of the following organizations:
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American College of Eye Surgery
- Board of Directors, American College of Eye Surgeons
- International Society of Refractive Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- Florida Society of Ophthalmology
- Palm Beach County Medical Society
- Palm Beach County Ophthalmology Society
- Surgical Faculty, ORBIS (Flying Eye Hospital): Fighting Against Blindness
- Palm Beach Accountable Care Organization
- Elected Board Member and Chairman, School District of Palm Beach County
- Regional Chairman, Educational Council, M.I.T.
A Family Man
Dr. Monroe Benaim and his wife of more than 30 years, Jennifer, live in Jupiter, Florida and they have two young adult sons. He’s served three terms as an elected Board Member of the School District of Palm Beach County from 2002 to 2012, the 10th largest school district in the United States. He served as Chairman of the School District for one year during this period.
In his free time, Dr. Benaim is an avid boater and loves fishing. Traveling is one of his longtime pastimes along with marathon training, technical reading and spending time with his family. Recently, he’s also picked up ballroom dancing with his wife, who has always kept him on his toes.